Wednesday, May 6, 2009

25...24...23...2.. one.. Liftoff!

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!
I hope everyone is sitting poolside with a margarita and some chips & salsa! or at least, that's where I wish I were right now!
Sunday
  • Went to dance and only stayed for one class because of my knee. I still felt like I got a good workout though.
  • Afterwards, I went with my friend Rachel up to Santa Monica. Her bf is a chef for a restaurant that had a catering event the next day. We helped him for about 5 minutes then ended up sitting and enjoying lemon bars he made for us, followed by a sample of the catered meal: pasta with marinara and lots of tomatoes :)

    My camera is acting weird hence the blurriness, but we had the entire restaurant to ourselves (it's closed on Sundays!)

  • We walked around 3rd street promenade afterwards and then I headed home and went to Borders with my mom to catch up on some magazine reading!

    Monday:
  • Definitely dropped my phone from the stairmaster at the gym and cracked the front screen! I still had a greeeaaattt (in tony the tiger's voice) workout, though!!
  • I came home and made a pouch for dinner with some marinated TJs Mahi Mahi, asparagus, and lots of mushrooms (stef's fav!) .. Threw that baby in the oven for 20 minutes and unwrapped all of its goodness ;)




  • Since I hate wasting veggies (bc i spend so much $$ on them!), I used the rest of my carrots for some carrot-bran muffins using the recipe from Self Magazine... I replaced the sugar with 1 Tbsp of Agave, added 1/2 cup wheat bran and 1/4 cup vanilla almond milk, substituted pumpkin for the oil, and used 1 cup carrots instead of only 1/2. I also cooked them for 15 minutes instead of the recommended 30!
One of those with pumpkin Fage (below) was my breakfast this morning. I had planned to have the yogurt last me 2 breakfasts but i finished it this morning. I had the sudden impulse to add up my breakfast calories this morning and had a mere freak out. I started to calm down when i realized that I make breakfast and lunch my larger meals and then eat light in the evening for dinner.

Since I never got around to the 25 survey tag, I finally did it today!! Hope everyone has a great Cinco de Mayo!!


1. I'm obsessed with artificial heat and have one of those space heaters that is constantly on ( i blame my mom for getting me hooked on this!). I try to make up for its high energy-sucking-contribution to global-warming by not running the central heat.
2. One summer, I trained with Alvin Ailey Dance Company in NYC and ever since then, I've wanted to live in a big city. Apparently, I forgot and moved to Orange County.

3. Growing up, I always wanted a sister so I would make my brother sit there while I curled his hair, did his make up and put him in dresses... Instead, I consider my two younger cousins the closest I'll ever come to having sisters.


4. The last couple years, I've turned into a morning person and i LOVE everything about it: being up before the world starts getting busy, BREAKFAST (!), and the Today Show.

5. However, I am still a night person and love staying up late. I need to figure out how to balance the two.

6. My favorite sport is leg wrestling. Thumb wrestling holds a close second.

7. My alarm clock is always 20 minutes fast. My car clock is 11 minutes fast. I am usually still late.
8. My favorite movie of all time is A League of Their Own even though I hate playing baseball/softball.

9. I've been to England, France, Switzerland, Australia, Italy, Ireland, and Mexico, yet I've never been to the Grand Canyon or Vegas which are less than 5 hours from me. It's pathetic.

10. When in doubt, I blame the quarter-life crisis.

11. I never liked maple syrup... I do however, like the fake stuff.

12. I used to HATE peanut butter. Sometimes I wish I still did!
13. When I "rescued" my dog as a puppy, they told me she would be the size of the mom who was 40 lbs.. umm, 75 pounds later... yeah, if anyone needs to be watching their weight, it's definitely Kiki.

Puppy Days


All grown up (with my brother)


14. My mom once got a hairless cat (like from austin powers). I thought it was the grossest thing until I had to cat-sit one night. I fell in love with it because it would fall asleep in my lap. It died the next day from a heart murmur.


15. My favorite Star Wars movie is the 7th one... wait, there's only 6, you say? My point exactly.


16. My mom let me have hamsters when I was little and I would put them in my barbie house to play with Barbie. I also thought it'd be a good idea to have a "pocket pet" with one until it got stuck in my zipper. My hamster days ended after that.

17. I would always sit Indian style in my desk chairs. My 6th grade teacher would call me Gumby.

8. I have never seen my dad without a beard. I don't think i want to either.

19. I'm just a girl....standing in front of the world...asking for it to love me. ;)

20. I love theme parties. For my last birthday, we had an "L" party for "Lauren" and everyone had to dress up as something that started with an L. I think the most creative costume was a girl that came as Lindsey Lohan and her boyfriend accompanied her as a 'line of cocaine'!!

21. I am ticklish the way Kiki is chubby.

22. I once decided for Halloween that I wanted to be a dining room table. (yeah, i dont know what spurred that idea).. but my parents made me the costume.

23. I like to watch movies at home in French with English subtitles turned on. The goal: to be fluent in another language before I croak.

24. I used to work in the research dept. of a psych ward doing brain scans and interviews with schizophrenic and bipolar patients. I had a panic attack one day and was convinced I was going to become schizophrenic so I quit the internship a couple months later. This is also partly why I wanted to leave my psych major and go to law school.

25. I lived with a boy 2 of the 4 years that we dated. Now, i refuse to live with a bf until there's some "icing" on my left ring finger.

I think most of my fellow bloggies have already done this but if you haven't then it's YOU I'm tagging! :)

EDIT: FYI Ladies: Megan has a GREAT blog and is holding her first giveaway of some pretty cool stuff! Also, Ashley is having a great contest giveaway of Indian food to help spice up your life!! Lastly, this lovely "Apple" is having a sweeeeeet contest in celebration of Mothers Day!!!

14 comments:

  1. I love #19: a twist from Notting Hill one of my favorite movies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. bahahaha i looooove kiki!!! she's such a cutie!! my dog is the same way - she's like a greyhound/black lab mix..and she always used to be sooo skinny but she's starting to fill out & shes getting kinda fat haha.

    And, i too, love artificial heat. mmmmmmm. electric blankets, space heaters, tanning beds. i want it all, baby.

    & ohhh man...i could spend hours upon hours in borders/barnes and noble just reading. its always so quiet and relaxing in there.

    hope your cinco de mayo is fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some fun 25 facts about you. You look so adorable in the dining room table costume.

    Kiki is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. #4, #6 and #7 - I SO relate!
    I've always been a morning person, I have to say, and I just love getting up early.
    #6, I kick my partner's ass at thumb wrestling all the time (or every time we play).
    #7. ALL of my clocks/watches are a on a different time. I'm really anal about being places on time and usually arrive early.
    Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay happy Cinco de Mayo!! I hope you got to celebrate somehow! What a fun Sunday, chef bf sounds like a cool guy! Free food what what! 3rd Street Promenade is a fun place, shopping galore!

    Bummer about your phone, but I'm glad it's not totally demolished! Oh gee thanks, you know how much I loveeeee shrooms (blech!!) It's all good, it really will make us perfect eating companions when we finally hang out ;)

    LOVE your list. I am completely obsessed with artificial heat too, my family thinks I'm a lizard or something. I'd KILL for one of those heat rocks you put in a reptile tank (we can thank our bros for knowing about those lol)

    Your quirky clocks are funny, don't you get confused? Maybe that's the point? It seems like you've outsmarted yourself though and have adjusted for the fast clock lol!

    I've never been to the Grand Canyon either, but cmon now, VEGAS? GIRL please! Irvine is super close! Everyone must go at some point...it's incredibly tacky and weird but there's nothing like it! I'll probably make the trek down there again when I turn 21, and I think you should come with :)

    OMG that Kiki knocked out puppy pic is sooo funny, you should submit it to one of those sites like loldogs.com or something, they'd come up with a brilliant caption for it! Perfectly suitable for Cinco de Mayo too haha! What a sweetie pie, and yes she's a chunkster but don't you think it makes her even cuter??

    HOW SAD about your mom's cat...just when you started to bond with it! And your hamster too?!? Jeez, unlucky pet streak! I agree, hamsters are totally tempting to stick in your pocket but zippers = no bueno.

    I'm dying, that pic of you as a dining room table is SO CUTE!!! Is that your bro in front of you? His face is priceless! Hahaha the comment about your fave Star Wars movie, I def agree!

    Love you girly girl! Hope you have a beautiful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your list :) I am a morning person too, and I own a 75lb dog :P he gets into everything, but he's so cute it's impossible to be annoyed with him! That photo of Kiki and your brother is adorable, aww!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i want a hairless cat too!! my dream is to have one but everybody thinks it looks like a defrosting chicken! so mean...

    my advice about the icing on the finger is: ok, you're right. but also check if he secretly enjoys watching superheroe movies (or maybe little magician boy movies) before going to sleep.after watching all heroe movies and all harry potter ones and still having to watch it over and over again, its not fun anymore hahaha (ok,or i have worse habits haha)

    FRENCH!! aww... so great!english (my second language) ruined every other one for me... when im trying to speak french or spanish i'll say stuff like "and, or, but" in the middle of the phrase. :D

    have a lovely day!!=***i really enjoyed your 25 things!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "I'm just a girl....standing in front of the world...asking for it to love me. ;)"

    love it <3

    YAY mushrooms and asparagus!

    So you went to England but never ventured to Scotland? I think you need to plan another trip, ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, I love this list. I am also in love with A League of their Own and used to leg wrestle against my sister all the time. But I can't believe you haven't seen Star Wars... amazing, :)

    Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey girl! Thanks for entering my giveaway!! I love love your blog =) I'm adding you to my reader too! Can't wait to read more! Btw, I'm also in love with your dog <3

    love,megan

    ReplyDelete
  11. sooo happpy you posted so now i found your blog!!! and ive only read the latest post and im in love! haha leg wrestling! i do it with my friends alll the timeee, it cracks me up! is your pup a pitty? i have a pit mix, love themm. yours is sooo cutee <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Alvin Ailey! I'm so jealous that you spent a summer training with them!

    Haha, love the dining room table costume. I was a jack in the box one year which was equally awesome and embarrassing.

    Love your foil packet of veggies. I used to make those all the time with my mom...need to start doing that again!

    Hope the knee continues to heal!

    Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope your knee feels better! Love these 25 five things. I love number 22!! Sorry to hear about the phone--oh what we'll go through to get a good workout :) Great eats as well!
    <3 jess
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVED the 25 things about you! i used to not be a morning person either-- but its nice to have a full day :) the pic of your dog n your bro is too funny! :) have a great day xo

    ReplyDelete