Thursday, May 14, 2009

Put that dog on a leash!

Oh. my. gobbs.


What a morning. Actually, i may be exaggerating a bit but I'm just frustrated so I'm getting on the soap box for a second here...


I took Kiki out this morning for our daily jog. I was feeling pretty good because I we were up earlier than usual and I took some Aleve for my knee so we could get a good run in! We start joggin along on our merry way and I see a small Chihuahua/pincher mix with it's owner. I assume it's on a leash so kiki and I keep on going. Next thing I know, the dog is CHASING us and the lady is just standing there! wtf?! I tried to distract Kiki "RUN FASTER, LET'S GO!!" as the dog proceeded to chase us down the street until we finally lost him.


**Note: Kiki is a pitbull mix and although she is friendly at the dog park, when she is on her leash, she gets territorial. Because of her breed, I take extra precaution to make sure nothing happens. I expect the same responsibility and respect from other dog owners so it is one of my biggest pet peeves when people don't have their dogs on leashes! Just because your dog is friendly to other dogs, doesn't mean mine is, WHICH IS WHY SHE'S ON A LEASH! Anyway, back to the story.


After we lost the other dog, we continue on with our jog, both of us out of breath! We come around the corner and I see the lady letting her dog run around still without a leash as she just stands there. In my "aim to please-personality-type" voice, I ask her to PLEASE LEASH UP YOUR DOG!.. She mumbled something about how she couldn't get him. Next thing I know, the dog is chasing us again! Seriously!? Is this really happening twice in one morning? I'm freaking out thinking that it's going to chase us all the way to my apartment and I can only contain Kiki for so long (she was already trying to turn and growl at the dog!). Finally it stops and Kiki and I run home!


Oh man, I was completely exhausted and was not expecting such a hectic wake up call this morning. I wanted to go back out and yell at the lady because she wasn't even doing anything while her dog was chasing us!! I said forget it and just decided to treat myself to the overnight oatmeal breakfast cookie I had waiting in the fridge. I was originally just going to have half of it because oatmeal is still a fear food but after that run, I absolutely had the whole thing and a half serving of cottage cheese.


On a side note: this was my first time making a breakfast cookie and they are everything you girls said they are to be!...delicious. I thought maybe ya'll were exaggerating but after trying it, they won my heart over! :)

ughhh. So please, for my sake, my knee's sake, and Kiki's sake, if you have a dog, i beg you to keep them on a leash!



On to a recap of yesterday:


  • Good day of intuitive eating. I haven't been taking pictures much of eats because it hasn't been anything new! However, last night before my GRE prep class, I made half of a flatout cheese quesadilla. I loaded that bad boy with tomato, lettuce and pickles. I was craving a "burger" and by "burger", I really just mean something grilled with cheese, that I can add ketchup to! I had it with some leftover veggie soup my momma made for me (aww)! I was off to class from 7-10 and that meal held me over the whole time..


Well, that and the Annie's chocolate chip bunny crackers that I packed for a snacker!




THAT + THIS (sprinkled on top):



EQUALS= :)

Despite the recent negative body image thoughts, yesterday was actually a very mindful day of eating, which made me feel a lot better. I'm striving for the same thing today!

I'm off to the gym with my momma and then home to pack for San Diego this weekend!! Cathryn (my cousin) has a dance recital tomorrow night and Saturday is the potential "date" with TJ boy... no clue what to wear still.

Hope you all have a wonderful wonderful Thursday!!

12 comments:

  1. boy what a morning!
    i HATE these people too... my brother has this ridiculous habit of not putting the dog on a leash.awful.plus i hate chiuauas.vile beasts ahaahaha.

    kiki is pitbull mix? i LOVE pitbulls. they are so lovely, so atletic. one of my great friends has a gorgeous white pitbull that is one of my loves. (L)

    so great to hear about your intuitive eating. keep it up!!!! i hate the body image issues but eat it anyways like you did. its very brave and important for you.

    have a great friday !!! =****

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a terrible way to start a morning. I'm sorry about that crazy lady - I'm glad you are okay though!

    Love,
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some reason I didn't see the pic of you and your cousins in your last post..but now I do and I must say you look super cute (as always!) Love that color on you!

    AHHHHH!!! What a psycho morning! I freaking HATE people who don't leash their dogs! It is sooo irresponsible! I completely understand your aggravation, I would have been furious. Think about it...how unfair would it be if Kiki got territorial and defensive (she is being chased, after all!) and did something to hurt the dog. Of course you'd feel terrible, but it wouldn't be your fault OR Kiki's! And the worst part is then animal control would probably blame the fight on Kiki being a pitbull, never mind the fact that the dog was supposed to be on a leash!! What an unfair (potential) situation!

    Brodie is super protective of me, and he was abused and a street dog for so long that he has MAJOR issues with other dogs and strangers, so I'm always very cautious when I take him out. The worst places are open trails where people let their dogs off leash (ILLEGAL!) and the dogs will run up to us. THANK GOD Brodie is 10 pounds, so I just scoop him up and hang onto him, but people are so retarded and say "oh, it's ok! My dog is friendly!" but exactly what you said...yeah ok, mine isn't, so put your dog on a leash and get the eff away from us!

    And parents are equally moronic about their kids! One time this little girl came up to us and I pulled Brodie away and told her mom he isn't friendly, that he will bite, and she didn't try to stop her kid! The girl kept reaching out for Brodie, and I had my hands full with a ton of stuff so I had to awkwardly side step to get away from the touchy feely kid! Imagine if Brodie had bit her? SO IRRESPONSIBLE of these owners/parents!! GRR.

    I'm so glad this morning ended fairly well, that lady is stoopid!

    *rant over*

    I'm proud of you for eating mindfully/intuitively!! That's so great! Hooray for eating the whole "cookie." Did you use a certain recipe? I've seen pics of it all over the blogworld, but I don't remember exactly what's in it!

    HAVE FUN in SD! Wooo potential date? Can't wait to hear all about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, OMG I can get so mad at people who cannot leash their dogs and take pride in telling you that they cannot control their dogs! We have an old man in our neighborhood, who always takes a walk in the evening with his dog unleashed. Unfortunately he is not a very friendly dog!

    So sorry that you had to run that way!!

    Looks like your planning on giving the GRE, good luck with the prep!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's insane- isn't it illegal to have a dog off a leash? what is there was a little kid or something? I feel really strongly about this because my little brother was attacked by an unleashed dog when he was playing on his skateboard one day. Glad you made it home safe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahhh i HATE unleashed dogs! what a crazy story, i can't believe the owner didn't even care -- i'd be crazy embarrassed if that were my dog! at least you got a good run out of it!

    so glad you've been eating well despite negative thoughts -- that's the only way to push through! going back to old habits doesn't solve anything!

    have a FANTASTIC weekend, can't wait to hear about it =) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, sorry you had to deal with that dog TWICE in one morning. The owner should really be more responsible. Glad you had a nice breakfast cookie to refuel, though. :-)

    Great job with the intuitive eating! I haven't tried PB2, but it looks good, and I love PB.

    Hope you have a great weekend! Keep us updated on TJ boy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have a pitbull mix too! so sweet, but definitely can be territorial. i don't get when people don't put their dogs on leashes! crazies. i NEED to try pb2, i saw it the other day! yummmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you had a good workout! That story is crazy--I am sorry you had to go through all that! I hope that the next time you take Kiki out it's more calm. Yummy eats!
    <3 jess
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my good. you poor thing. i am so sorry about that dog. i know how you feel. when i was in munich in the summer i had this stupid dog chasing after me. arggg... i am scared of dogs. and trust me if i had one i'd never let him loose just for the safety of all the lovely joggers that are out there.
    hehe
    have a great weekend
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMMMMG I hate when people are so stupid about their dogs. its like they dont even care what happens to them, at all. Its so ridiculous and it pisses me off. Keep your damn dog on a leash or give it to someone that will take care of it. Come on people. i mean, i like to let me dogs run and roam as much as the next dog lover...but thats why i have a fenced in back yard. SERIOUSLY!

    Hope you had a FAB weekend and i hope the date went well! DETAILS, DETAILS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi there! Thanks for the lovely comment! I'm going to China for two weeks, to study traditional chinese medicine actually. I'm uber pumped :D

    I hope you had a great weekend <3

    ReplyDelete