I hope everyone had a lovely weekend!! To all the recent graduates, congratulations and welcome to the grown-up world (even though I still don’t consider myself apart of it!). To all of you that are in finals week, I wish ya’ll GOOD LUCK!!
I missed you all over the weekend since I didn’t get a chance to check the computer once! However, it was kind of nice being busy! Recap, shall we?
Friday..
- San Diego for little C’s dance recital. She did GREAT!
- Went afterwards with Big C to get some frozen yogurt. It was nice to spend some time with her because for the past year, we have had some issues between us. With my ED recovery/isolating myself getting better and her knee problems/constant pain/”hate the world” outlook getting better, we were able to have a relaxing girls night!
Saturday…
- Little C and I were planning on going for a long beach jog but we procrastinated so long that we only had 45 minutes to get a jog in before our pedicures :) Instead of jogging the beach, we sprinted down Pacific Coast Highway through all the different little shops. It was speed cardio shopping We finished our workout by sprinting to the frozen yogurt shop. Gotta refuel, right?!
- Tried to get some studying done for the GRE but my heart and mind were just not in it! I think I was more preoccupied with my (let’s call him TJ for Trader Joe’s boy) date that night. I took a nap instead! I heart naps
- I took little C shopping for Prom dresses... I'm not even ashamed that I tried on some myself! haha. It was too much fun searching for the most ridiculous looking prom dress!


Saturday Night...
- I don’t want to jinx it so I’m keeping this very short and simple, but we had a really good time. When he first asked me out to dinner, it was in response to a text I sent him saying “What’s a girl gotta do to get some more blueberry cookies” (that’s what he was serving at TJs when I met him). Needless to say, he definitely brought me blueberry cookies on the date! Haha. Cute.
- We went to dinner at a small Mexican restaurant across from the beach, then out for a drink after at a local dive bar.
- Quick background check: Graduated with a degree in Psychology and studying to go back to graduate school for developmental/school psych. We thought it was funny that developmental psych was my most hated area, while neuroscience was his least favorite!
- I’m kind of hoping I don’t pull a “classic me” on this one. I have a problem where I’ll be interested in someone until I find out that they actually like me, and then I shut off, become uninterested, suddenly “busy” and I stop talking to them. It’s like I’m afraid they’ll get too close or I’ll lose my freedom or something. Who knows.. I need Paul from In Treatment to analyze me!!
Sunday.. - Kiki was sweet enough leave a dead rat on the patio in our backyard that I saw first thing after getting home Sunday morning. umm, yeah. I screamed....and not for ice cream.
It was also my mom’s pre-birthday celebration. She turns the big 5-5 today! We went out to lunch yesterday and got BBQ and Ranch chicken salads. Kiki was happy to get the chicken later on! I’m tellin ya’ll, I can’t kick this bbq streak that’s been going on the last month! Maybe it’s the summer weather! Fun fact, I used to hhhhhaaatttee bbq sauce! - They sang happy birthday at the restaurant followed by some carrot cake that I had a bite of (that’s right!!!!) We then saw the movie State of Play with my crushes: Ben Afflect and Rachel McAdams.
- In other news, I'm having a hard time dealing with seeing my weight increase. Still under my healthy weight but it jumped a good 3-4 lbs in the past couple weeks. I thought it was due to my “expected” girl-time of the month since I took progesterone rx to jumpstart it but I still haven’t gotten it yet, so now I’m kind of worried. Was that just TMI!? Yeah, I think so. It's also been difficult being able to fit back into my regular fitting clothes again that use to hang on me just a few months ago. I'm truckin through though.. thanks to the help of all of you girls on here!!
Tonight is my mom’s official birthday so we're headed out to dinner! Hope everyone had a great start to the week!!! I'm still catching up on reading ya'll blogs and commenting.. I'll get there :)
XOXO
ah i feel like a kid now that i am only starting uni :)
ReplyDeleteyour prom dress outing sounds like a lot of fun.
i can relate to the body image issues. we just need to get through this. it can be so though when our tricky little minds try to tell us otherwise but remember to stay strong and do what is right.
lots of care
xx
opposites attract, right? :) I hope you dont pull a classic you either - although it is quite understandable, and ive found myself pulling the same thing lately. just take everything super slow & let things work themselves out!!!
ReplyDeleteOhhh how i DONT miss finding the perfect prom dress!!! i loooove trying tons of them on..but god, its always so hard to choose the perfect one!!
STUPID ED. I'd like to be able to tell you that its just water weight from aunt flo..or that its from your progesterone..but the reality is, its probably not. as much as i hate to say it..it probably IS real weight, but good weight. weight that you need to get that lovely time of the month back without an added supplement. weight that is going to CONTINUE to make those boys drool. Weight that is making you strong and healthy girl. i know it sucks, and we all go through it..but sometimes, you just got to let it go.
love you babygirl
haha i am so in love with awful prom dresses - so fun playing dress up.. you look gorgeous girl!
ReplyDeletethat boy sounds like such a sweetheart... any guy that brings a girl cookies is a-okay in my book!
enjoy mommas birthday, love :)
xoxo, Jenny
Lovin' the dresses - always a good time (and you look b. e. a. ootiful.)
ReplyDeleteTJ boys sounds great - good luck! I have the same problem with pushing people away, so I completely understand. But this one sounds like a keeper - cookies are great. :)
Keep a positive outlook: don't think about gaining weight, but rather, think that you are gaining health. :)
Happy birthday to your mom!
Love,
Emma
Yay for your date! And the Anchorman quote makes you a woman after my own heart. I love that movie. Anyway, sounds like you're having good, non-ED fun!!
ReplyDeleteAww..he brought you cookies!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to your Mom!
asfkaslfk I'm so glad you had a fun time in SD! LOL gotta love Anchorman! Everyone always tells me Brodie reminds them of Baxter, haha. Cardio shopping deffffff counts as a workout, wise choice to refuel with froyo! You and your C are both freakin gorgeous, though I can't say the same for those shiteous dresses! CONGRATS on the carrot cake, that is awesome! I'm proud of you for going out with TJ too, try to take it easy and not push him away if he starts to get closer to you, just let things "be." Funny he's a psych boy, LOVE that! Seriously I think a guy interested in psych is a total turn on (does that make me crazy? probs.) Happy OFFICIAL birthday to yo mama! Hope you have fun tonight!
ReplyDeleteOh barf, dead rat. That is all kinds of nasty! Kiki noooooo!
I know it's hard to deal with now, but I bet your body is thanking you for those extra pounds <3 and it will get easier the longer you stick with it. I'm so glad your date went well, yay!! Those photos are hilarious :p you guys are too cute!
ReplyDeleteHey sweets!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you had a really great weekend. Isn't it awesome to just act like a kid again and play dress up? The date also sounds like it went very good.
I know it's hard to accept the weight but just know that you are getting healthy and reclaiming your life. You are doing great and you look beautiful.
Take Care!
love the dresses! so colorful! and sounds like an awesome weekend full of friends and fun!
ReplyDeleteand thanks for checking out my blog! i'll be keeping in touch with yours!
happy b-day to your mom! I hope you guys have a lovely dinner together.
ReplyDeleteyou guys look like you're having such fun dressing up! a little bit of weight is good...It helps you fill out in the dresses!
Sounds like a great weekend in SoCal!
ReplyDeleteI'm particularly impressed about the date. Nicely done! And I hope, if you want things to continue, that you let yourself go there.
Hang in there with the weight, even though it's hard (easier said than done, I know).
love the prom dresses, looks like so much fun! Also a boy that brings you cookies???? Sounds too good lol, I am horrible and do the same thing with guys my friends all joke that I am a major commitment phobe when it comes to quality guys... its the not so good ones I stick with for some reason!
ReplyDeletehey girl!
ReplyDeletesounds like you had a fabulous weekend!! LOVE the pictures of you and the dresses-- soo fun!!
so glad you had fun with the boy-- LOVE the text u sent him bout the cookies n thats TOO cute he brought you some :)
i can totally relate to flakin out on guys-- i was single for FOUR YEARS until i met my boyfriend almost 2 months ago. i think its a good thing to be picky sometimes but its important to not shut ppl off. i HATED my bf the first time i met him! lol
stay strong with the weight increases girl-- u got this and you know that REAL weight gain takes A LOT of time! nothing is going to happen in an out of control way-- you got this!
HAVE A GREAT DAY!! XOX
hey happy b-day to your mom!!
ReplyDeletehow did you like State of play?
i thought it was pretty good, i really like russell crowe but dont you think that ben affleck looked too young to be russel's school mate and robyn's husband? they all looked so much older. ironically, i think sean penn would fit in much better.
hahaha soooooooooo great the pics you too. you look so beautiful!!
=***
have a great week and dont chicken out on the cute tj guy!;)
happy birthday to your mom!
ReplyDeletesounds like a busy but awesome weekend- opposites attract (and really...you can't go wrong when there are blueberry cookies involved, right?!)
sorry to hear body image/weight stuff is playing on your mind...remember you want a LIFE not an ED'd existance and every lb gained towards health is a lb squashing on ED's head :P