This week in NYC has been an absolute blast. I'm pretty sure I’ve done more in the 7 days I've been here than I did in the 2 months that I lived here a few years ago.
While in the Big Apple, I...
Played the tourist role and saw every tourist site to see.
Was mistaken for a local :)
Met with the admissions counselor for the masters program at Columbia.
Walked through Central Park
Danced through Central Park
Spent a day eavesdropping on peoples conversations on art during a day in the Metropolitan
Museum
Went to David Letterman taping
Ran into Tina Fey and Steve Carrel on the street
Battled tendonitis in my left foot... and lost.
Went to Times Square
Sat in a beach chair on Broadway
Went to the top of the Empire State building for time number 3.
Walked every inch of the city.
Bought the cliche I Heart NY Shirt.
Ate biscotti and espresso in Little Italy.
Visited my old stomping grounds at Alvin Ailey
Found a Trader Joe's (surprise surprise)
Took a jazz class at Broadway Dance Center.
Pictured myself living in the city
Saw 3 rats.
Went to Rice to Riches and had chocolate hazelnut rice pudding
Laughed constantly with my dad and brother
Exercised patience with my dad and brother
Walked the Brooklyn Bridge
Was soaked by a down pour while walking the Brooklyn Bridge
Got up every morning for a daily jog to Starbucks, all of one block away.
Saw Andrew Bird and Calexico in concert at Radio City Music Hall
Walked into Macys, saw the crowd and walked right back out
Spoke French with our concierge at the hotel
Hung out at a local bookstore with my brother one night
Made friends with the produce guy on the corner of our neighborhood
Got yelled at by a guy whose perfume I didn’t buy in China Town
Bought perfume 5 dollars cheaper at his neighboring store. Booya!
Learned how to whistle with my two fingers...
Lost the ability to whistle with my two fingers and got light headed trying to retrieve the skill
Laughed
Cried (not really but I was sad when we had to leave)
Had the most fantabulous vacation ever.
Sunday, June 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






















Wow, that sounds - and looks - like an amazing vacation! I am so glad you had fun :) You are so pretty and it's lovely to see that you look so happy in your photos!
ReplyDeletewow that is a great post and you sure look like you are having an amazing time hun. i am so happy for you. my brother just flew to new york on friday so i guess that makes you the second person to make me ueber-jealous today :)
ReplyDeletehave amazing time there.
xxx
Looks like a fab-o trip!
ReplyDeleteAwww! Looks and sounds like you have a fabulous time! So glad to hear that! Love the pictures!!!
ReplyDeleteP.s. you're brother's a cutie ;)
AWWWW how amazing was this post???
ReplyDeletei LOVED it.
i wanna eat a biscotti with you two and you sooooo holly golightly wistling with two fingers in NY!!!
thats amazing. im so glad you're enjoying.
i'll answer your email so, i loved it.
=******
I am so glad you had a good time! You look like you had a blast. Have a great day girl!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you had a fabulous time in NYC :D
ReplyDeleteI love the "Ducks have bills" picture :P
Have a great weekend!
<3 Jenn
looks and sounds incredible! :D are you going to Columbia? BDC is the best! Aaaaah, if we are ever in the city at the same time, I vote we hit up Steps and BDC for some jammin', yes?
ReplyDeletexxx
Aw, that does sound like an amazing trip! I'm so glad to hear that you had such a great time! I haven't been to NYC in years... I want to go back.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Emma
I LOVE this post! Great pictures! You guys look so happy :) You're so purty (and your dad and brother are so cute!). If you move to NY (sniffle, sniffle), I have to visit you there!
ReplyDeleteThat pretty much sums up NYC! lol I'm glad you had a good time!
ReplyDeleteWow, looks like you had an AMAZING time in NYC. It's fun to do the tourist role. It keeps you appreciative of the city! :)
ReplyDeleteLooks like a wonderful holiday.
ReplyDeleteaw sounds and looks like a trip to remember - love your photo album..
ReplyDeletep.s. your beyond beautiful girlfriend and kinda making me jealous ;)
love!
ahhh what an AMAZING trip -- LOVE the pictures and the recap and how happy you look/sound in both of them! NYC is my favorite place in the entire world -- you'll have to let me know when you'll be there next! xoxox
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a fantastic time! I've never been to NYC, but I would love to take a class at Broadway Dance Center and see as many shows as humanly possible. Glad you could get this break away from stress and that you got to do so many wonderful things.
ReplyDeleteWelcome back! :-)
I am so jealous! Sam and I are going for a weekend at the end of August to NYC. It will be my first time EVER! We sure could use suggestions on what we must see. We are staying near Broadway at teh marriott on 5th Ave. I think. Anyways, it sounds like you had an amazing time and reading this really really really makes me can't wait to visit the city. I am glad you had a good time! Take Care!
ReplyDeleteLove it!!! Sounds like an amazing adventure. I have only been to NYC twice and one was for the day and one was for a weekend. I am looking forward to Sheena and my adventure in August.
ReplyDelete:-)
Take care, keep up the great attitude!
gave you an awardd!
ReplyDeletemake sure you get it~
http://caffeineandlaughter.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-like-big-butts-and-i-cannot-lie.html
Sounds and looks like you had an amazing NYC visit!! Glad you were able to enjoy it all and live it up :)
ReplyDeleteAlways,
Katie
sounds like an amazing time!
ReplyDeleteNever been to NYC, gotta go there sometime, I guess.
ReplyDeletejust wanted to say hi as a fellow blogger. i wanted to thank you for your blog. I’m trying to network in the blogging community. Please check out my blog sometime and feel free to ad me to your blogroll!! : ) have a memorable day!
ReplyDeleteATTENTION:
ReplyDeleteI would like you all to know that this person writing this blog: All About Ashleigh
http://allashleigh.blogspot.com/
is a FAKE. She has been impersonating me, stealing my written work and my pictures which is IDENTITY THEFT. She also plagiarizes a lot of my writing and makeup reviews...
She refuses to remove my pictures from her blog and if you go through my blogs and look through posts such as this one:
http://rantingsofafashionaddict.blogspot.com/2009/05/strolling-yorkville-happy-7-years.html
you will notice that she has stolen these.
I would appreciate any help such as a comment to her blog acknowledging that this person is a fraud, a post about this....
This is wrong and I hope you understand how I feel
Sincerely
The REAL Ashleigh .....
www.rantingsofafashionaddict.blogspot.com
HOW FUN! I would love to visit NYC!
ReplyDeleteHello there! NYC is fantastic! :)
ReplyDeleteLike you, I love Paris to. It's the best place one can ever imagine. I love that you're Italian. I've been to some parts of Italy, and my god, you guys are BELLA! Pardon my Italian! :)
great pictures! thanks for sharing :)
ReplyDelete