First things first: Happy Friday!! Today is going great because I just found out a couple of things:
1. My younger brother who is one of my best friends but lives back home in Sacramento, has decided to surprise me and come visit for the weekend! Tomorrow is "our" day and we're going to start it out by visiting the Farmers' Market up in Silverlake. I love this farmers market and the area because there are so many vegan/vegetarian/whole food booths and restaurants.. Plus, can you really think of any other better way to start a Saturday morning?! Last weekend I went and found apple-jalepeno fruit roll-ups and anyone who knows me and knows my obsession with spicy foods realizes how much that made my day!
1. My younger brother who is one of my best friends but lives back home in Sacramento, has decided to surprise me and come visit for the weekend! Tomorrow is "our" day and we're going to start it out by visiting the Farmers' Market up in Silverlake. I love this farmers market and the area because there are so many vegan/vegetarian/whole food booths and restaurants.. Plus, can you really think of any other better way to start a Saturday morning?! Last weekend I went and found apple-jalepeno fruit roll-ups and anyone who knows me and knows my obsession with spicy foods realizes how much that made my day!
2. My dad has a week of vacation that he needs to take before losing it so he called me last night and asked if I want to go to Canada!! Umm.. there's not even a question here! I will jump at any opportunity to travel and explore. Plus, after studying day in and day out for the GRE test, a week vacation to beautiful Canada should be well deserved and needed!
I just wanted to let ya'll know that reading everyones blogs has been really helpful in the recovery from my anorexia and bulimia... Although I thought I was on the road to recovery the last few months, it wasn't until this last week of seeing everyones posts and seeing ya'lls recipes that I actually realized it's okay to allow some grains back into my life. With that said, last night at Mother's Market (the equivalent toWhole Foods Market), I got a sandwich!!! With tofurkey and a cup of veggie soup. It was delicious!
I also purchased wheat berries for the first time and mixed it with some oat bran and TVP in the slow cooker for breakfast this morning. Although i'm struggling with the fact that it was a lot of grain and calories for me, i'm reminding myself that it was all healthy and wholesome food! Plus, i need to get my weight back up to at least 100. 4 pounds to go! On that note, i decided to give up my obsessive scale checking for lent. This week has been the first that I haven't checked the scale every morning and it feels freeing!
With that said, I thank you ladies for providing an outlet for me. It's so powerful and encouraging about being able to relate to ya'lls stories! However, I could use some advice... I eat super healthy already (lots of veggies, fish, tea) but with allowing food back into my life, I'm not really sure if I should be following a certain meal plan or what I should be having. I dont know if it would be good to meet with a nutritionist or if ya'll can give me some pointers. Thank you!! Have a fabulous Friday!!
Love & hugs,
Laur

Hey sweetie!
ReplyDeleteI just came across your blog the other day, and I really enjoy it. You are so brave to be giving up the cale for Lent! I don't think I could do it. I decided to take up a few activities instead of giving up things for Lent this year. I sually give up a bunch of food-related things, but I don't want any restrictions on food while I am in recovery.
As for a nutritionist, I have been told by so many in the blogging world and by my general physician that I should see a nutritionist. My problem is I am having to battle with the insurance to get it covered. In the meantime, today I finally made an appointment with a nutritionist that has years of experience with EDs. I am going to have to pay out of pocket, but she is going to work with me on a payment plan.
I am super scared that she might want me to change what I am comfortable eating, but I know this is for the best. I think at least talking to a nutritionist would be a good idea -- she/he could provide helpful advice on what foods to add to your diet.
Anyways, good luck with giving up the scale, and I look forward to continuing to read your blog.
Take Care!
Hi! I seriously agree that we may be twins! I am a crushed red pepper flake and hot sauce connaisseur! People get me specialty bottles of hot sauce for gifts all the time! I love the Lousiana Hot Suace have you had the Pain 100% hot sauce? Your hot sauce appreciation is awesome! I'm adding you to my blog roll
ReplyDeleteI totally agree that the only thing better than wine is having it with chocolate! I had chocolate when I got home from lunch :)
ok WHAT? First of all thanks so much for your comment on my blog, but I can't get over the coincidence that you and I have so much in common and that we started up our own blogs for the basically the same reason at the same time! Same height, same low weight (well 3 lbs diff but who gives an eff), anorexia and bulimia, went to UCI (zot zot zot baby! haha), from norcal, hater of starimaster and all things mayo! Jeez I feel like this list could go on and on! I'm so happy to have met you here in the blog world, but chances are we might've crossed paths all the time at Irvine! Shoot me an email sometime, I'd love to chat more w/o posting it up here for the world to see :)
ReplyDeletemy email is steffrancisco@gmail. com
Hey sweet pea!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the comment. I think one of my big problems is that, unlike a lot of people in recovery that are eating more and trying to gain weight to get to a healthy weight, I am trying to eat more, binge less, and lose some weight... it's like an oxymoron.
Anyways, first I have been on lexapro before, along with fluoxentine, and am now on cymbalta. I think way too many people take anti-depressants, but i think they do work for some people. I also think that meds should go hand in hand with therapy of some sort. Let's just say an ED is not the worse problem I have had through college and I do suffer from chronic depression, OCD and used to have issues with panic attacks (I haven't been able to bring myself to get into much of these issues on my blog yet).
As for PB2, I have 8 jars here. Initially it really helped. But then I started binging on that as well. I have eaten an entire jar of PB at once! Right now i keep the jars under my bed and will have a few servings every week, but not too often. But I do love the stuff.
Anyways, I look forward to reading your blog more. And thanks so much for the support! I know that we were not meant to be trapped in a life of food thoughts and concerns, so I know that God will help us get thru this. Thanks again, and take care!
Hey! I just wanted to say that I read your about me and TOTALLY love your spunk. I know that's kind of an awkward thing to tell someone you don't know but hey! Honesty can't hurt =]
ReplyDelete-Laura