Friday, March 6, 2009

Gotta have Java...

My brother arrived safely and what a lovely night it's been! After getting home from Whole Foods, we cooked up some dinner. I made a eggplant and shitake mushroom teriyaki stirfry with some wontton pieces in it and he seared up some ahi tuna that I got at the Asian market the other day. I know the vegans & vegetarians won't appreciate that, but it was soooo good and beat the price of restaurant sushi by far! Here's the end result:







And this is what happens when your younger brother can't handle his wasabi like his older sister ;)






Lastly, if you would've told me, even a week ago, that I would be eating the following dessert without feeling guilty AND go back for seconds, I would've called you crazy... But I found this froyo at Whole Foods (stopped there after work!) and realized that if I don't quit my Golden Spoon addiction, then i'm going to go bankrupt... So I bought this, added a dallop (yeah, that's right, i said dallop!) of my Fage.. oh!, and these amazing cinnamon toast crunch squares. Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal used to be my favorite so you can imagine my excitement of finding this tonight and reading that it only has 110 calories per cup with 8g of sugar. Not too shabby for kids cereal!







Oh.. and there's a chance that I may have possibly added a teaspoon of carob chips... It's Friday, right?! I'm off to get some studying done for the GRE before this blog sucks anymore time out of me. Farmer's market in Silverlake tomorrow with Michael to get some fresh veggies, jalepeno fruit rollups and loose tea... Then hit up the Fashion District in LA! Good night kiddies!
Laur

4 comments:

  1. That is SUCH a good thing to think about. Looking forward into the future has never ceased to motivate me to do better!

    Andrew Bird is first in the list because he's incredible!!!!

    And that Java Fro-Yo. My favorite, hands down!!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i've been having that same exact java froyo lately!! :) it's so good! i gotta buy more today. i'm sick now, so it feels good on my throat.

    hope you have a good day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sriracha hot sauce! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great eaties girl :)
    and oh yeah, we don't have to feel guilty..we have to eat whatever we WONT! keep fighting sweetie! we all have good and bad days but we can try to have much more good than bad days, right? it's hard but we can try!

    love your blog :)
    kiss kiss
    <3<3

    ReplyDelete