Lauren but my friends call me Laur, my dad calls me LorLor, my brother calls me Sis-shu (good story on that one), and my mom calls me Pookie ;) I’m new to this whole blog world but I’ve been admiring all the fabulous blogs that ya’ll create and instead of bookmarking all of them on my laptop, I figured it was time to jump on the bandwagon and create my own. Bare with me here as I won’t be able to keep it as updated and fancy as some of the others out there. In fact, I really should be studying for the GRE test right now instead, and am convinced this is just one of my many methods of procrastination. Oh well.. Life’s about balance, right?!
I’m 24, graduated from UC Irvine and now have a “grown-up” job.. I’m not a fan of the 8-5 lifestyle at all and feel like all those sleepless nights studying for finals is being wasted on making copies and making sure that the coffee is set up for meetings. With that said, I’m studying for the Graduate Record Exam so that I can start applying to graduate school for 2010.
I want to go back to school for neuroscience & behavior.. I’m basically a nerd at heart and have not only come to terms with it, but embrace it. Get a glass of wine in me and I’ll start rambling aimlessly about the brain and how intricate it is. I even know some neuroscience jokes that I probably find way more entertaining than most, but whatever makes one laugh!
Now for the food… After reading the book Skinny Bitch upon my return from studying abroad in Paris and gaining 10 pounds (due to the crepes, cheese, nutella, and wine diet), I was eager to change my eating habits. This book completely overhauled them. Although I’m not vegan (I don’t think I could ever give up my egg whites and Fage yogurt), I only eat fish… no red meat, pork, or anything else. I love animals and want to do my part. Needless to say, I don’t miss meat and don’t get that “where’s the bathroom” feeling like you do after visiting In n’ Out!
I am currently in the process of overcoming a longstanding ED that spiraled out of control this last year. After reaching my lowest of 90 lbs at 5’6, I realized I wasn’t getting any better, but instead still giving into the vicious cycle. I want to get back to being healthy and treating my body as a temple, since it’s the only one I have! And to be vain for just a quick second, I think I look so much hotter when I was at my normal weight of 116. Therefore, I’ve been experimenting a lot in the kitchen, which is where ya’lls blogs have come to my aid! I love all foods but I hold a special place in my heart for my Italian roots and some Cajun favorites J
Well, here goes nothin’!! Have a fantastic day!
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm so glad you decided to join the blogging world!! Welcome!! I too am a huge nerd at heart - I'm graduating in May and were I not totally burned out on school right now I'd be going back for my Ph.D. (I really want to be a professor). Can't wait to read more of your posts! Oh, and if you're still interested in r.e.d.r., I created a separate web page for it:
ReplyDeletehttp://readeatdiscussrecover.blogspot.com.
thanks for visiting my blog! can't wait to read more :) I'm a nerd at heart too - I love linguistics.
ReplyDeleteHi Lauren! Thank you so much for commenting on my blog...My two loves are French and Neuroscience/Brain and Behavior studies!! I'll be a senior in college in the fall, and plan on taking the GRE over the summer and researching grad schools! Wow, it's so nice to find a "fellow brain science nerd" haha
ReplyDeleteLook forward to reading! :)