Sunday, March 8, 2009

Happy Daylight Savings!!

Good morning lovies:
This morning, we sprung forward and hour and because my stupid phone didn't switch times until i restarted it, I woke up late and missed my dance class that I go to every Sunday. Pretty bummed about it because I look forward to it and it gets me going for the day but I think instead, I will take Kiki (my chubby pit bull mix) for a jog after I finish my yogurt.


(that's the chubster aka fatty-pants...but she prefers the term "more to love")


Anyway, yesterday was the farmers market with my brother. I found a vegan korean food booth there and bought some lotus root pieces that are marinated in a soy-pinapple sauce. I have to hold back from not eating the ENTIRE container bc they are so good. I think i'll make my own when they're done! I also picked up some Kale to make kale chips.. i'm pretty excited about this!


We also went to the Fashion District of LA.. and let me just say...WOW! So many people, so much stuff and a bit overwhelming!!


After the hussle and bussle of downtown LA, we zipped over to Beverly Hills and had the best lunch at Urth Cafe. They have the BEST clean/fresh tasting sandwiches and so much tea to choose from!!




That night, Michael cooked an Alton Brown recipe of fish where you coat the entire thing in a layer of rock salt.. it was so crazy looking.. I made a huge spinach and arugula salad with walnuts, almonds, apple chunks and red onions. I also made this great recipe of zucchini pizza crust which we just ate as a flat bread. I skipped the extra mozz. cheese though in the recipe. I altered the recipe for 2 servings which was enough to serve 3 people!

I snacked way too much after dinner: yogurt, java froyo, and a flourless chocolate cookies that I made.. will post the recipe later. This morning, i'm trying to have a lighter day although i dont want to restrict.

I'm also headed to Whole Foods later.. any hot items ya'll suggest i get while I'm there?? I really want to make the goneraw.com recipe for cinnamon rolls that i discovered off of La Belle Vegan's page! I think i'll do that tonight.

I HAVENT STUDIED ONCE THIS WEEKEND FOR THE GRE WHICH I TAKE MARCH 21st! So I'm not allowing myself to come back on this site until I've at least gotten through a section of it and one practice test!

Have a wonderful Sunday and enjoy the extra hour of sunlight! Summer, here we come!!

2 comments:

  1. Your salad sounds great.
    It doesn't sound like you snacked too much after dinner, it sounds like desert. Don't let it bother you!
    The caramelized onion hummus from Whole Foods is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol hope I didn't scare you off with my overly excited comment the other day! Guess I was surprised to see someone so close by in the blogworld!Your pup is so cute, she looks like she's hamming it up for the camera! Glad you had fun in LA!

    ReplyDelete