Happy Monday!!! I haven't posted in a while because I dedicated my weekend to studying for the GRE.. it's down to crunch time and my test is on Saturday at 1 pm!! However, I did procrastinate a bit by reading everyone else's posts!! A girl's gotta stay in the loop, right?!
In summary, here are the roses and thorns (ups and downs) of the weekend:
Roses
* Therapy Thursday went well and she helped me realize that I could move abroad sooner than I thought possible.. This is both scary and exciting!!
* Saturday, I slept until 9 am. Granted, I still woke up about 3-4 times in the night, but this is still an accomplishment!
* Saturday, Kiki and I had a great run! She's still pooped!

* I got some good studying done!
* I hung out with my mom most of the weekend and had some good eats! :)

* I gained lbs.
* I have a date next weekend.
* I found a new roommate!
* I made the cinnamon rolls from goneraw.com and they came out great! Except, I didnt have any flax seeds, and I won't lie that I'm still afraid of their caloric content, so i used wheat bran instead. Gotta love fiber!

* I tried CCV's Banana Brulee Oatmeal and it was delicious. I was low on oatmeal though so I had to use wheat bran with some Fiber One.

* I faced a food fear of fruit.. I had bananas (above recipe), dates (in the cinnamon rolls), raisins, and a couple strawberries (in my yogurt and oatmeal bowl).

* I conquered a fear of "take out food" and bought some Tofu and Broccoli Pho from a vietnamese restaurant... sans noodles but extra jalepenos.. so delicious and the leftovers lasted me 3 meals.

* I tried goat cheese yogurt from Whole Foods and it taste exactly like goat cheese! (ya'll are probably thinking "duh Lauren!!") That, with a couple of carob chips mixed in=yum.
Thorns
* Saturday, I had the urge to b&p
* After looking at the scale this morning, a wave of anxiety came over me.
* I snacked way too much over the weekend. I'm not sure if it's my body telling me I need it or if it's lack of control or if it's just boredom.
* I have been so unmotivated to work out!
*****
Okay i'm leaving that list short because I don't want to focus on the negatives. Like someone else said on their blog, I always think I have a lot to say but then when I get on here to write about it, my mind goes blank!
Something happened in my dance class though on Sunday.. one of the women approached me after class to ask if I was okay... Automatically, i respond with "of course i am! why?!" She said the teacher and a couple others had been worried because of my obvious weight loss. The first feeling that came over me was embarassment but then driving home, it was kind of refreshing. I am not sure if it made me feel better to know that they care about me or if it was a feeling of accomplishment that I got someone to notice. And that sounds so.. eww (at least the second one does! ) and not a step in the right direction. I think i'm still trying to process and overanalyze to figure out what's going on in my head but just wanted to get it out there. Next topic:
Actually, I need to get off and get back to studying and work. I may be MIA this next week but I am keeping up with reading everyone's blogs so keep on posting amazing recipes, pictures, stories and goals!
Good luck studying for the GRE!
ReplyDeleteYou are awesome cute!
ReplyDeleteDefinitely givin' ya four entries :)
you kicked major ED butt this weekend! so proud of you for breaking out of your comfort zone and challenging yourself. Those cinnamon rolls look amazing!
ReplyDeleteGood luck studying!
You've had such a good week! A date? Oh la la! When/where do you want to move abroad? How exciting! That cinnamon roll is so cute, I've gotta try it. I'm so happy you faced your fear of fruit...and I bet it tasted good doing it too!
ReplyDeleteAbout the thorns..I think you should move the "tempted to b&p" to the rose category! You beat that urge, so I think it's a success even if it felt like hell! I wonder the same thing when I oversnack. I wish this whole "intuitive eating" thing was a lot more intuitive! It must have been confusing to deal with your reaction to that lady's comment. I used to have the same reaction or feeling kinda special and cared for and also secretly proud that all my hard work had paid off and my troubles were VISIBLE. Um ya, probably not the best mindset to have but I think you know we can't just turn off these disordered thoughts with the flick of a switch!
GOOD LUCK on the GRE..I know you'll own it!
And take your time getting back to my email, I know it's absurdly long lol
Sounds like it was a really good and fun weekend! And I agree that overcoming the urge to b/p is a positive, so that shouldn't be in teh negative side. I gave into my b/p urge on Friday, which was no good.
ReplyDeleteI also hate when i am snacking and can't tell whether it's hunger or just the munchies. It's so frustrating. We have screwed up our hunger signals to the point that we don't know them when they hits us full force.
Anyways, good luck on studying this week and on the GRE and with your date (you will have to let us know how that goes). Take Care!!!
KiKi is So Cute!
ReplyDeleteIm glad the roses outnumbered the thorns!
ReplyDeleteI cant believe you didnt win girl.....2 entries and everything! lol Thanks for participating though!!
Have a fab week! :D
hi hun
ReplyDeletefocus on all the great things yoiuve achieved over the weekend rather than the negatives!! im glad therapy went well and congrats on the fear food :)
your doing fantastic! keep it up
xxx
Hey I jsut found your blog and Im looking forward to reading more. im glad you had a good therapy session :) keep up the great work!
ReplyDeleteHaha you're definitely not a nerd. I get so super-excited about breakfast too! I even eat breakfast foods like oatmeal as snacks or sometimes at lunch and dinner. It's too good to just be breakfast!
ReplyDeleteHey girl,
ReplyDeleteYeah, the tofu is to thicken it, but also to add creaminess... and also because it was in the original VCTOTW recipe :)
In response to my last post......it is pancakes with oatmeal and banana slices thrown into the batter for a heartier feel. It was really goooood!! Not very pretty! lol
ReplyDeleteHave a good day!