Monday, March 9, 2009

Summer's around the corner!!

This is going to be quick because that extra hour we lost is hitting harder than usual on my energy levels.. i wonder if it's because i'm getting old and have a grown up job now... ew... jk!
I skipped weighing myself this morning... mostly because I was afraid of what it would say. I'm curious what I am at though so I think I will tomorrow. On another note, is anyone going as broke from buying yogurt as I am?! Man, oh man.. I love my Fage yogurt and the Trader Joe's Greek yogurt but ever since I've been eating more, what used to last me a week, now only last me a day! I would switch to cheaper yogurt, but they all have a ton more sugar. Any ideas? I have been making it last a little longer by using add-ins (cereal, brown rice, wheat berries, etc)..

I also skipped my AM jog with Kiki and went straight for breakfast! She'll understand. I dont have any pictures but I made a potluck-sample type bowl with a little bit of everything. I scoop of wheatberries w/bran, couple scoops of yogurt, some cereal mixes sprinkled on top with 1/4 of this new cliff bar I bought last night. Really good!



AM snack: More Fage yogurt mixed with 1/4 cup Fiber One cereal. and half of a banana bran muffin I made last week. I have become obsessed with mixing cereal with my yogurt and leaving it overnight because the cereal puffs up and makes the yogurt so much thicker! mmm. craving some just thinking about it!



Lunch was my favorite! I had an open face portabello mushroom sandwich with some garlic and chives hummus, tomatoes, spinach, red onion and a tablespoon of guac/spinach dip from WF. I also had a cup of Trader Joe's new Chipotle Black Bean soup.. i highly recommend this stuff!!




Dinner was 1/2 a Flatout wrap grilled with mushrooms, hummus, spinach and a slice of veggie cheese.

Dessert was way too much yogurt mixed with a couple slices of baked apple with cinnamon and a few carob chips sprinkled around. I need to start taking pictures of the food more because i realized today that it prevents me from mindless eating (aka standing with the fridge door open eating yogurt out of the container!) This blog has made me actually get everything prepared and sit down to eat mindfully!

In the meantime, i'm loving looking at everyone's blog posts!!! Thanks for the great ideas!! After I finish off my wheat berries, i want to try those breakfast cookies everyone raves about!
Goodnight loves!

3 comments:

  1. I love that type of hummus! I used to buy it everrrrry week from Whole Foods :) Good for you for diving right into breakfast today! Lol your yogurt habit has been robbing you blind huh? That's half the reason I went vegan! Just kidding...but back when I did eat yogurt I wouldn't compromise on the quality but instead of eating only Greek style yogurt I switched to regular (thinner) yogurt. I found that I could buy a big thing of plain organic yogurt and then strain it myself in the fridge overnight and it was just as good as Fage! Or I would get lazy and eat it without straining it...whatever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about other yogurts tasting pretty gross after you've gotten used to eating Fage. I had a container of light and fit vanilla in my fridge that I had to eat up before it went bad, and I couldn't believe how artificial it tasted...blech. Stef's idea of straining yogurt is great; I've done it in the past and added a little honey and orange zest to it, and it is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy, the portobello sandwich looks great. And I will have to try that black bean soup -- I LOVE black beans!

    Take Care!

    ReplyDelete