Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Sunshine, Studying, and a Dead Cow



Good afternoon lovelies:

I have loved reading and keeping up with everyone's blogs but feel bad that I haven't been able to comment on most.. I'm really trying to keep my blog-world-time to a minimum until my GRE test is over because otherwise, I can come on here and lose hours of time! ha. It can be so addicting. Anyway, just know that I am keeping up!

Can i vent for just a moment about something non ED related?! My roommate= big meat and potatoes type girl. (not a bad or good thing..just a fact). Last night, her and her bf made steaks and when I got home from dance, the entire condo smelled like it! Normally it doesnt bother me but the smell was so strong! The worst part: my bedroom is upstairs and this morning, when I woke up, I could STILL smell it. ewwww. I am treating myself to some new candles on my way home from work!

On a happy note: I demo for a dance class on Tuesdays and usually take the advanced class afterwards but since my weight had dropped too low and I lost all muscle, I stopped taking the later class about 8 months ago and blamed it on "wanting to get to bed earlier" since it ended at 10 pm. But yesterday, after consuming more frozen yogurt than necessary, I decided to take the later class. It went really well. I still have a lot of muscle to build in order to get my strength back but I finally started to feel like I was winning back some of the 'real me' that I lost along with the lbs. There is a chance though that I wanted to stay in order to procrastinate studying!! hahah, who cares though.

So many of ya'll recommended the carmelized onion hummus from Whole Foods but mine doesnt carry it!! heartbreaking, right!?! I was thinking of making my own. Any good recipes ya'll have tried for hummus?

Here are a couple of food pics from the last couple days.. I haven't been able to keep up though with all the meals.

The potato and garlic soup from Whole Foods with some Kale in it.. I highly suggest this soup except that it needs a little salt!







Some asparagus and tofu with a little earth balance and thyme.






I made these for dinner last night and going to make a sandwich with them today. THey're alright but not sure if I would buy them again. They were a little dry but I may have overcooked them yesterday so today, I soaked them in some teriyaki sauce and put them on a sandwich. It helped out a lot!!
My teriyaki chicken-less sandwich with a little wasabi and some laughing cow.. Oh, and that is sourdough bread instead of diet light bread!! omg, now i remember what I was missing before!

I made a sweet soy salad with my sandwich with loads of broc, red onion, spring spinach mix, soy sauce with one sugar packet...

I also bought that ezeikel cereal from Whole foods and love it.. so thanks for the recommendation!




Okay, it's back to the study corner! Hope ya'll have a wonderful day and to Stef--Happy Hump Day! hahah.

Love and Hugs,


L

9 comments:

  1. Yay for more muscle! Dancing is so great- what kind do you do? Definitely need to be strong and healthy for it. I had to stop too and miss it a lot!

    I can't get caramelized onion hoummus either, but I think if you found a basic hoummus recipe you could add in whatever spices/mix-ins you want. Sundried tomatoes? Cilantro? Edemame?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh lovie i'm so glad that you're feeling you're winning back to your old and strong 'you'! :) i lost all my muscle too and i want to get it back, i miss it! before ed i was not skinny but healthy and strong and i miss being strong so much :( right now i have no strenght for anything! but i'll change this and you'll change that too! we're gonna be healthy, strong and HAPPY, yes? :)

    be strong!
    <3 you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you had Morningstar Fake CHickn strips? Delish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the comment and support. I am definitely going to try to find that tea. I am really glad to hear that you are gaining some of your old self back. Keep up all the hard work you are doing.

    Much love

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaah! that sounds like me with bacon. my dad and my brother could probably live on the stuff...but it smells terribly, and the smell finds its way up to my bedroom. ewww.

    good luck on your GRE test hun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. glad you had a good time at the dance class!
    ick i hate the smell of meat too! good luck on your test xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha you definitely caught my attention with the "Dead Cow" in your post title. YUCK I hate the lingering meat smell! I only tried those fake chicken strips from TJs once and they didn't win me over! I overcooked them too, but there was just that really strong fake meat taste that I couldn't/didn't want to get used to! I'm so excited for you about your dance class last night, go you!
    CHYEAH Happy Hump Day right back at you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so so great you were able to take the dance class. It's so refreshing ad such a great reminder that recovery is worth it when we start taking back our life.

    It sucks though that you can't get teh caramelized onion hummus, but after a quick google search I found a recipe for caramelized onion hummus that looks super super easy:

    Ingredients for Jeenas Kitchen Caramelized Onion Hummus Recipe
    1 Cup Dried Chickpeas
    4-5 Tbsp Chickpea Water (from the pan)
    1/2 Tbsp White Wine Vinegar
    1-2 tsp Fresh Lemon Juice
    1 Garlic Clove (crushed)
    1 tsp Tahini
    2 tsp Caramelized Onions
    2-3 Tbsp Caramelized Onions (recipe below)

    FOR HUMMUS:
    Soak your chickpeas over night in freshly boiled water.

    Cook chickpeas in a pressure cooker for 20 minutes. Once cooked add salt to the chickpeas, stir well.

    In a blender place garlic, tahini, drizzle of olive or rapeseed oil, lemon juice, 2 tsp of caramelized onions into a blender and blend. Add your cooked drained chickpeas with 4-5 tablespoons of the cooked chickpeas water. Blend into a thick paste.

    FOR ONIONS:
    2 Onions (diced)
    2 Tbsp Light Brown Sugar
    2 Tbs White Wine Vinegar

    Cook onions on medium heat in a saucepan for a few minutes. Turn the heat down and cook for another 10-15 minutes, sitrring occasionally.

    Add teh sugar and let simmer 4-5 minutes while stirring.

    Add vinegar and another 1/2 tbs. of sugar and simmer for 5 more minutes, while stirring frequently.

    Take off heat, and they're done.
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love WF and all their products! seriously, I can live there. have you tried their triple squash soup? it's divine.

    ReplyDelete