Whew! Where to begin?! Let's update by WBN (write by numbers) :)
1. First things first, I have to give a huge THANK YOU to everyone that eased my axiety and wished me luck on the GRE that I took on Saturday! TGIO--Thank god it's over!! I know i'm going to take it again but this one was helpful in giving me an idea of what i need to work on for next time! Something that one of ya'll said really stuck with me and helped so much: "Just like the numbers on the scale, the numbers on the GRE don't determine EVERYTHING!" Thank you again, Stef!!
2. My mom is the head of a adolescent partial program at a hospital and organized a seminar on ED last week. I went and listened to one of the guest speakers, who is a psychologist at a ED center in LA. The whole thing hit a little too close to home with being able to relate to everything they were talking about. However, it was encouraging as they talked about recovery and how real recovery takes an average of 3-5 years... I guess not so much encouragement, as it is relief knowing that it's okay that my thought process with all of this hasn't recovered over night and it's okay to still struggle.
3. To the lovely Chocolate Covered Katie... I dedicate my breakfast from the other morning to you because all your amazing oatmeal posts inspired me! I made Strawberry Cheesecake Oatmeal.. I added a tbsp of cream cheese and packet of Stevia, vanilla extract, vanilla protein powder, and strawberries to my morning bowl and the results were delicious. (i of course had to add my daily Fage on the side). I plan to try your Almond Joy recipe next!
4. I went to the YouBars site and found that if you call them, you can order a "sample pack" where they send you 3 bars and 3 shakes (or you can switch it up) for 8 dollars. Not a bad deal. I got them on Saturday and tried the Dates and Chocolate bar.. ummm, omg, tell me why this is my absolute favorite bar that i've ever tried. My favorite part is that I can count the ingredients on one hand: cocoa, dates, honey, protein powder... and only 120 calories. (not like that shoud matter though! As you can see, the bar didn't last too long after opening!
5. My eats this weekend weren't too eventful because of the GRE and then my DATE from yesterday. However, Friday night, I did treat myself to some Pho so that I wouldn't procrastinate studying by cooking! I (of course) brought it home and added some kale and mushrooms to the mix! delicious! Although, i think it's better that they dont have nutrition content because although it's clear broth, i'm sure it's loaded with sodium! Why else would it taste so good?!
6. Award time!! Drum rollllllllllllll..........

Stef --Convinced this girl is my long lost twin.
Sheena --Has been so encouraging and I know she has the strength to make it through her own B&P battles
Elle --my first friend from blog world and starter of the amazing book club! (which i can now keep up on since study time is over!)
Margarida --this girl is wise beyond her age and I want nothing more than to see her endure some brighter days!
Ellie --This girl can write in a way that not only reaches out to everyone, but is so eloquent to read! I think she should write a book!!
7. I promise we're almost done! But i had my DATE yesterday and it was a lot of fun! I don't think i've laughed that much in a long time and it felt like i've known him for a while. We started out at a hot sauce store in Long Beach for our "challenge" of who could handle their spice better.. He bought me a bottle of hot sauce, which i was able to use after on my shrimp tostada at mexican restaurant afterwards.
Although it was great, I have to move at snails pace and still am hesitant to start something.. I think part of this is because i KNOW i want to move abroad and am scared of being held back from that. Secondly, I have this weird thing that when pursuing someone, as soon as I find out that they are interested in me, I immediately lose all interest and almost freak out. I joked with him and said if he wants to continue to see me, he should probably ignore me for a few weeks and then drop a random phone call! hahaha.
8. Okay, time to be productive! I'm counting down until lunch and my spinach, leftover shrimp, and bean "FlatOut" burrito!
Have a WONDERFUL monday ladies!!!
Wow, you are like the sweetest girl ever! Seriously, how are you so sweet?! :)
ReplyDeleteI am so jealous you went to a hot sauce store!!!
ReplyDeleteAww thank you twinny! Who knew I was quotable? Lol! I'm sure washing your hands of that GRE this weekend was such a relief! It's so funny/cute that he bought you hot sauce! Or that you guys even went to a hot sauce shop on your first date! It makes perfect sense that you'd be apprehensive about starting a relationship up when you already know your dreams will take you far away from here, but just don't feel pressured to make any decisions about it! Having aspirations is no reason to miss out on a good friendship/fun times, you can't be too scared of the potential pain that you completely avoid the happiness too! I got your email but haven't cranked out a reply just yet. I will soon though! Probs tomorrow :)
ReplyDeleteHey sweetie!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for the reward. It came at a good time as I can really use te exxtra strength and support.
I am so proud of you for getting through your GRE. i know it's nerve-racking and definately not easy, but it is OVER and that is te best part about it, lol.
As for the date, i was really reluctant to start anything my senior year of college because I kenw I was going to move far from the midwest. Well I did, and though we broke up shortly, we got back together and have done teh long distance thing for nearly 2 years. And he is now trying to find a job near me. So just be open -- you don't want to just look past someone you could be the man of your dreams.
Take Care sweetie and I hope you are ejoying the freedom from GRE anxiety!
Woah! No way! How did I not know that?! I'm a disgrace to cupcake-lovers!!
ReplyDeleteglad to hear the GRE went well and that the anxiety is over - at least for a little while! im SOO jealous of your YOUBARS! haha :) glad to hear your date went well :)
ReplyDelete