I've been the worst blogger ever the past week!... I feel so behind in commenting on everyones blog and in posting! I hope it's not taken personally! In my defense, I've been sick since Tuesday! Here's an update on the life of Lauren the last week:
Wednesday
- Was still sick but stuck it out at work. My therapy appt was cancelled because she had an emergency. I had a total relaxation night.
- Watched Slum Dog for the first time with my roommates and made a dank (my adopted so-cal slang thanks to my little cousin) salad accompanied by a Sourdough Wasa cracker.. those babies are good and crunchy! Never had them before.
- Was feeling better but then my other roommate suggested Yogurtland and I am no one to pass up frozen yogurt.
- ummm, yogurt was a bad idea. I was sick the rest of the night.
Thursday:
- Woke up feeling like s*** but had to go to work to set up for a deposition. I couldnt even take Kiki running because I had the worst stomach pains.. it was weird!
- Left work by 11 and went home to sleep for a couple hours.
- Met up with my brother at my mom's house for some bbq veggie and ahi tuna kabobs.
- They came out great but I couldnt eat much. I'll have to post the picture of them tonight. Needless to say that kabobs are so fun to make! haha.
- We relaxed that night and watched Yes Man with Jim Carrey! Super funny!
Friday
- Went to work. Still sick.. thinking: what the heck is going on with me?!
- Came home and watched movies all night while wanting to curl up and die from stomach pain!
- Had the condo to myself as my roommates were both out of town for the Holiday weekend. It was so nice!
Saturday
- Got up and went to the Farmers Market... wayyyyy too crowded though that morning!
- Came home and took a nap. Had a banana with rice puffs... The only thing that I could stand to keep down!
- Contemplated going to Urgent Care but I didn't want to pay the 75 copay (even though my dad offered) nor did I want to sit in a waiting room because we had a family dinner that night. Instead I took a bunch of medicine, some ginger tea and relaxed.
- Saturday night, I was feeling better so I got ready for our Easter dinner at the Marmalade Cafe.
- On my way out the door, I checked the mail and received a package of coupon goodies from Kristina at Stoneyfield Yogurt! Now that definitely made me feel better!!! I will for sure be picking some Oikos up at WF on my next trip!
- Since I was afraid to eat much at dinner (because of feeling sick, not ed), I decided WINE always works AND i haven't had any in so long because of stupid ED (i used to love wine!)... so i ordered a glass of pinot noir and drank it.. oh, don't worry, i absolutely ordered a second ;) I nibbled on some salad but I was perfectly okay with drinking my dinner.. haha. It was PrEaster so I could do what I wanted!
- Food fear conquered: I had a few bites of my grandma's tiramasu and lemon tart. Booya!
- After dinner, my brother, his friend and I decided "the night is young".. so we went bowling.
- Oh don't worry, i'm the worst bowler out there!! Turns out that I didn't realize unti the game was 3/4 of the way over that I was using the wrong size ball.. That probably couldve prevented the 9872325 gutter balls I threw!
- Took Kiki on a long walk but then decided that it was such a beautiful day out, that I would take advantage of it!

- Yep! I went swimming! Ask me what I love about Easter egg hunts?! It means that all the neighborhood kids were out looking for Easter eggs instead of at the pool! I had it alllll to myself!
- I then made Easter brunch for my brother and mom.. we had a spinach and swiss cheese quiche with egg whites, a baked sourdough french toast that I made a cobbler crumble for on top with blackberries, and lastly, some good old fashioned Italian polenta! It all came out so delicious and we topped it with mimosas! Food challenge: check?! conquered: Double Check!
- My brother afterwards took me to Home Depot and helped me pick out herbs, a tomato plant and pepper plants, which he proceeded to plant for me later.. He made me a little herb garden and it was the best easter gift ever! I'll have to take a picture of it!
- He drove back up to Sacramento that night.
- My mom and I got in an argument. We talked and it's better now. A lot of misunderstanding of each other.
- Tears, yes. Purged, yes. Binged, no.
Monday
- Polenta, yogurt, and a little bit of left over french toast for breakfast. My appetite AND my hunger are completely satisfied and I am not even hungry for my usual morning snack.
That's all for now.. Hope y'all have an amazing Monday!!!
<3>
I'm sorry to hear you were sick for so long- but glad you got to enjoy Easter (wine? tiramasu? lemon tart? rock on girlie!)
ReplyDeleteI have to admit, I laughed at the bowling shoes :P Though I am jealous- the ones here are brown and grey. Oh-so-attractive (and yes, I have walked out in them by mistake more than once!)
have a great week xxx
Ack, I'm sorry you have been ill all week! That really sucks. It sounds like your Easter went ok despite all of that though, and I am glad that you're feeling better now :)
ReplyDeleteHave you ever read the book of Yes Man? Danny Wallace is my HERO, the guy is wonderful. Join Me is similarly amazing!
AWWW IM sorry to hear you were sick so long sweetheart :( I hope you're feeling better!!
ReplyDeleteHow was slum dog millionare? my mom bought it yesterday and Ive heard some good things about it..but ive never seen the previews, and the name just throws me off. haha. is it worth watching?
You and Ginger are sooo cute :)
i went bowling saturday night too! and im 100% sure you got less gutter balls than i did!!! gotta love the sexyness (AND SMELLINESS) of bowling shoes.
im sorry to hear about your mom..and your purge, but a purge is better than a binge and purge. i hope you had a good easter.
p.s...be checking your mail soon! it hasnt been sent yet..but it should be by wednesday!!
hope you feel better soon! sounds like you still found some time for fun over the past weekend.
ReplyDeletei really liked slumdog millionaire! :-)
I am sorry to hear you were sick. I had what sounds like the same thing last weekend and it was not fun. stay strong
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear that you were sick, it sounds pretty nasty!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had loads of fun!I like the picture with Ginger!
Lordy LORD I can't believe you were so sick!! And it lasted freakishly long, usually stomach bugs ease up unless it's the flu..which I guess it was?
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I'm SO GLAD you're feeling better now! Hooray for being a wino and sampling gma's dessert! YUM!
Lol nothing like an egg hunt to evacuate all the kids from the pool..so glad you got to take a dip! How sweet of your brother to plant an herb garden for you! My bro is USELESS in that department! Sorry you and your mom got into a tiff...I tend to purge (w/o binging) when I fight with my mom/get stressed out too, my therapist and dietitian BOTH make a big deal out of saying that it's just "purging emotions" not food, so I thought I'd thrown that one out there for you too =)
Slumdog! Love that movie.."Jai Ho" was stuck in my head for days and days after!
You rock those bowling shoes!! And congrats on eating intuitively for breakfast, that's awesome!
I got your email, and of course I just suck at getting back within any normal time frame, but I PROMISE I'll write back soon!
<3
That's cool you got to watch Yes Man with Jim Carrey. What was it like having him over? Did he hog all the popcorn? Or did he annoyingly recite all his lines during the film? He did that when I watched Dumb and Dumber with him...
ReplyDelete;)
Hey sweets~
ReplyDeleteI am sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. I know how it is tho when all you want to do is curl up in bed, but you have to go to work -- that's me today. I stayed home y'day though.
Alos of your food sounds amazing, and i agree there is nothing wrong with drinking your dinner. It sounds like you had a pretty successful weekend -- no binges is a major accomplishments for holidays and families, that's when i can be at my wrost.
I hope you are feeling better. Take Care!