Sunday, April 26, 2009

Love At First Type ;)

Good Afternoon!!

Hope y'all are having a great start to a new week and had a wonderful weekend as well! I'm still trying to catch up on commenting/viewing everyone's blog! It's been a busy weekend!

Saturday...

  • Started out rough with a horrible headache and BP hangover... Consequently, Kiki did not get her morning run and kept reminding me as she whined while I sipped on green tea.

  • I was going to head to the Hollywood Farmers Market but I HATE the LA drive with a passion so I hit up the local UCI one. It was buzzing with people and put a much better spin on the morning!


I also hit up Trader Joe's next door where the cashier was very easy on the eye ;) Let's just say that I found which TJs i'll be revisiting! I also bought a jujube (red chinese date) at the FM... interesting.. not as sweet as regular dates.. It was my first time trying them.


I also splurged and bought this bracelet for myself that reads "Follow Your Passion"... I had been looking at it for weeks and this Saturday, they were 20% off.

  • After, I hit the gym for an hour and had one of those intense-sweat sessions... Felt soooo much better!

Finally after going back and forth, and with friends' encouragement, I lost my virginity to Apple... There was a $200 rebate for the Macbook that ended on Sunday so I went for it.. Plus, our IT guy offered to upgrade it for me! Booya! I picked it up that day.. and felt bad for those poor cashiers who had to deal with me straight from my gym workout. yuck!

  • Finished the night by joining my family for dinner at CPK. Since my lunch consisted of fruit samples at the FM, I got the LARGE bbq ranch chicken salad (without chicken or cheese.. or tortilla strips.. basically lettuce, black beans, tomatoes and corn) and ate the entire thing... To which my aunt replied "wow, i'm impressed"
  • I think i'm on some kind of bbq fix lately which is weird because i used to hate bbq sauce!!

Sunday....

  • I was up bright at early at 5 am because I was volunteering for Working Wardrobes and they were putting on an event: Womens Day of Self Esteem
  • About 160 women from local shelters, who were recovering from life crises (ie: drug addiction, abusive relationships, ect) came and received a complete makeover, new outfits, professional headshots and a career fair, in order to boos their self esteem and get them back into the workforce.
  • I have never been a part of anything like this and it was so awesome and rewarding. I got to be one of the personal shoppers for the women and put outfits together.. Let me tell ya, Orange County is the perfect place to hold an event like this because there were so many clothes from the rich newport soccer moms who wear their gucci purse once then decide to discard it! These women were coming out of ths event with nice brands than I have! (that is until Target decides to start selling gucci ;) ) One of the girls I dressed was picked to be in the fashion show at the end and she was so cute and giddy!
  • Since the lunch at the event consisted of sausage and cheese penne with some old romaine lettuce (barf-o-rama), i went home and devoured this baby:

    Spinach wrap stuffed with 1/4 cup of pinto beans, broccoli, zucchini and soy cheese.. I absolutely topped it off with some sour cream :)

  • The rest of the evening was pretty uneventful. I cancelled a "casual date" i had planned because I was exhausted and was not in the mood to put on a Poker Face (insert Lady Gaga here)... I ended up taking a nap for an hour and then ate what felt like wayyyy too much Fage and cereal! Feeling SO stuffed, I went to the gym to stairmaster it up and then topped it off with window shopping at this big outdoor shopping mall.

  • The best part: I was in bed by 9:30! Who am i and when did 24 become the new 94?!

Today

  • ...has been pretty uneventful.. I am feeling somewhat guilty for all the money spent on a new laptop and the parts for the upgrade! I am so frugal with my money so to spend over a grand in one weekend freaks me out a bit! I guess it will be worth it in the long run though.

I also wanted to say that I'm keeping Jenna & her family in my thoughts and hope everyone is doing the same! What a reminder how much life can change in the blink of an eye and to value every minute!

Have a wonderful Monday!!!

9 comments:

  1. Hahaha, I feel the same way as you do about 24 being the new 94...although I'm 29 (99). I live in Irvine... When/where is the UCI farmer's market? I'll have to check that out. I'm a big fan of Trader Joe's cashiers, categorically :) In fact, I always say that if I get laid off, I'm going to work at Trader Joe's.
    I enjoy your blog :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *coughs* im laughing about the first comment. hahaha!

    congrats on the apple! i have yet to conform to the apple-nation..ive tried a mac ONCE..and i was SOOO confused haha. i have to get a new laptop before i head down to disney though, so please let me know how it goes for you!

    cute bracelet!!
    love you girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. (also laughing about the first comment)

    You got a mac!! My sister has one, and she loves it. Maybe I'll eventually get one, but for now they kinda confuse me. :-)

    I love farmer's markets and all the fresh produce. I also love TJ's, and good looking cashiers are always nice. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Macs rock!

    (Dine Out, Fight AIDS. April 30. www.diningoutforlife.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha I'm laughing too.

    Ugh b/p hangovers are BRUTAL! Sorry Kiks, no run for you! I'm glad your weekend got better though. YAAA the drive to LA sucks bawwwlsss, I'm glad you went to the UCI FM! Aww I miss it, and I REALLY miss the jewelry! That is such a cute bracelet, I wonder if you got it from this one lady I bought a ton of stuff for my mom from (hello Mother's Day gifts!) That Working Wardrobes organization sounds amazing, how cool of you to volunteer with them! I'm not surprised one of the gals you styled made it into the fashion show..you do have quite an eye for style my dear! Must be all the time you spent in France :)

    HAHA (insert Lady Gaga here) <--- love it! Window shopping cures all, it's probably a good thing you nixed the date!

    Try not to feel guilty about your macbook! You got a REALLY great deal, and it's definitely an investment that will last ya! I can relate to that feeling though..I literally melted down when my mom bought me my macbook after high school as my grad present, I felt SOOO guilty for how much $ it was, I tend to be a frugal Frannie too! But I got over it, and you will too once you start getting obsessed with all the cool features macs have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow busy weekend but i must say you did some amazing things there. i love the event that you supported. that sounds so interesting. and hurray for the mac upgrade. mac's are hot.
    hope you'll have a good week ahead hun,
    lots of love
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for telling me about the farmer's market! I've lived in Irvine, oh, 3 or 4 years, and I still spend most of my time at home. Terrible! I would love to come along one day. If you want to communicate through something other than blog comments ;), my email address is hula1272@yahoo.com. Oh, and the dollar theater is the one off Barranca, by the Barnes and Noble. Most showings are actually $1.50 now, but I consider that a dollar, because the change I scrounge up in my car cupholder doesn't count.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am also 24 going on 94, don't worry about it! Early nights are wonderful things once in a while :)
    I hope you are enjoying your Apple and it's not confusing you too much. I think they are one of those things that take some getting used to but once you do, most people would swear loyalty forever! I love your new bracelet, yay for sales!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I go to bed by 9:30/10 most nights, lol (in my defense, I get up before 6!)

    sounds like a fun weekend- LOVE the bracelet and a lil' eye candy in TJ's never goes amiss ;)

    Enjoy your Mac and have a fab week :)

    ReplyDelete