Yes, I changed the name of my blog... I could never figure out what I wanted to call it and I just wasn't feelin' the other blog name... I was reading an article in Self magazine while climbing to great heights on the stairmaster, and it was about a woman who finally began to appreciate her life flying solo after becoming exhausted from trying to be everything to everyone... She concluded the article perfectly by saying "In the end, i'm simply me."
I felt it was fitting because I'm still trying to figure out who I am, what I want to be, what I want to do with my life and everything in between. It can be frustrating at times but I also love the excitement of not knowing what's next or how I'll end up... I just know that I'm simply "me"..
Next:
- My Thursday was awesome. Here's why: I got to leave work an hour early from working late on Wednesday. I took that extra hour and went straight to the gym before the rush. I started on the stairmaster because I cant run right now since my knee is in a funk. I read my SELF magazine while I climbed and what felt like 5 minutes later, my 45 minute timer went off. I had gotten lost in my magazine and got a great workout. Buns of steel are on their way!
- Then... I had dinner with my mom at Mother's Market and Kitchen (similar to Whole Foods). I ordered an "Inferno Wrap Special" which was a spinach wrap with black beans, veggie cutlets, and salsa. I wish I could tell you how it was but I was so in love with the tortilla that it was wrapped in that I completely forgot about everything else. It was seriously amazing. Spinach, doughy, chewy... So unlike the low-carb wrap tastes... So I went on a mission to figure out the brand.
Found out that they are Tumaro's Tortillas and they have so many flavors.. at 120 cal for a tortilla, it isn't too bad considering the taste and texture! Of course, I bought some today! - After dinner, I was off to Thursday Therapy and had a great session. Talked a lot about the mom & easter stuff. She was proud of me for not giving up my Friday night to help my mom by dogsitting... Despite the guilt I was feeling earlier, i'm feeling pretty great at home relaxing!
Friday:
- I knew it would be a good day because I had a new XOXO sweater for work (that i bought at Macys yesterday for 12 dollars.. booya!!), I started my morning with pushups and a brisk walk with kiki, and lastly, I knew I had my leftover wrap that I filled with steamed kale+hummus for lunch! I also started my morning with this insightful little tea bag:

Love your soul
- This was lunch:

BBQ & ranch mushrooms and broc salad along with my leftover spinach wrap from Mother's Market filled with steamed kale, asparagus and this hummus that i'm mildly obsessed with:
And a couple of these babies.. this flavor is AWESOME!!!

- After work, since I declined on dogsitting, I was selfish and went to the gym and had a great 50 minute climb while talking to my dad on the phone... yes, i am absolutely one of those obnoxious people that talks on the phone while working out. Dont worry though, i'm not obnixiously loud.. i dont want everyone knowing my business... just all of blogworld ;)
- I stopped at a couple of stores and found the spinach wraps!! Holllllla!
- As a result, this was my delicious dinner...
A spinach wrap filled with hummus, kale and asparagus with a side of Cuban style black beans and mushrooms.. plus my 3 little spice cups of sour cream, hot sauce and extra hummus (just in case I ran out)
Instead of warming it on the stove, I actually steamed the tortilla for about 15 seconds and it made it so nice and doughy. - My BFF from up north is flying in for the weekend tomorrow and we are going to Coachella on Sunday!!! Tomorrow, we're going to the beach, some shopping, and a girls night!
Hope y'all have a wonderful weekend and enjoy the sunshine!!
Lots of love,
L
AHHH!! Coachella! I forgot it's this weekend, jealous! Who are looking forward to seeing most? I'm so glad Thursday went great for you, don't feel bad about not dog-sitting! You deserve "me time" and you've got better things to do on a Friday night! If it makes you feel any better, I declined to babysit my nephew tonight..and he's a human! So that's probably worse than your mom's dogs. Lol! I LOVE your point about not wanting everyone to know your business, just all of blogworld! So true, I'd never say 80% of the things I write on my blog out loud, but that's the whole point! Have fun this weekend! I hope you have a wonderful time with your friend =)
ReplyDeleteOH and I LOVE the new blog name and the story behind it, I think it's very fitting for you! ANd I love the new pics you added on the side..unless they're not new in which case I'm just a tard for not seeing them before! Either way, cute!
ReplyDeleteLove the blog name! And LOOOOOOOVE the wraps! :)
ReplyDeleteHey girlie! I love the new blogname & the cute layout...but I especially love all the cute new pictures on your side bar! you are SO pretty!!!
ReplyDeleteIm proud of you for declining on the dogsitting, however I know how easy it is to feel guilty about it. But its a FRIDAY NIGHT!!! and the last time I checked, you are NOT married, have NO kids, meaning, you are still allowed to have fun and do things you enjoy on friday nights :)
Have a great weekend sweetie!
oh sweetie i just saw your comment today :s sorry sorry sorry!
ReplyDeletei toke my pic from cocorosie's album. you can see it here: http://betterpropaganda.com/images/artwork/La_Maison_de_Mon_Reve-CocoRosie_480.jpg
they are one of my favourite bands so i decided to cut the rainbow from their album :p
but i have to say that i just love your blog the way it is :)
have a wonderful day my love. love you <3
LOVE the new name! Enjoy the time with your BFF!!
ReplyDeleteThe new title is great - it took me a long time to figure out a title for my blog, but when you get it right, you just KNOW. Your wraps sound absolutely delish...I'm definitely a sandwich girl but the Inferno wrap special you had sounds so tasty.
ReplyDeleteKudos to you for saying no to dogsitting - I have such a hard time saying no to anything and everything, but when I manage to it is such a relief. We just need to do things for ourselves sometimes :)
Have a WONDERFUL time at Coachella. I've always wanted to go there...I've been to Lollapalooza a few times but I remember the lineup at Coachella a few years ago just ridiculously good. Can't wait to hear about it.
Thanks for all your support and lovely comments on my last few posts - you are a gem, and I feel so lucky to have "found" you on here :)
Much love,
Elle
i love yogi tea quotes :)
ReplyDeletecoachella!! i am the ONLY one of my friends not going. school ruins my life. grr.
happy sundayyy<3
getting to leave work early is always good!
ReplyDeleteLove the new header!
ReplyDeleteIt's always a bonus when my workouts speed by!
I love the new blog name! it is realy fitting and just seems to work. And all of your eats look so so yummy. I hope you had a great weekend and I can't wait to hear all about ti!
ReplyDeleteTake Care!